Information We Collect
In operating our Site, we may collect and process the following data about you:
We may ask you to provide us with contact and demographic information when you register on our Site. We use this information to send our Site's users, like you, information about the Site or GrowGeneration’s operations. We also use this information to contact you both online and offline when needed.
If you communicate with us for any reason, we will collect your name, email address and the content of your message.
The Site may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your device by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your device. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the features of the Site. For more information on your choices related to cookies, click here Manage Cookie Preferences.
We do not track our users across time or across websites. We do not use third party tracking or targeted advertising technologies on the Site.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our products and/or services to you in the best possible manner. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information relating to our services and/or products;
- To fulfil or meet the reason you provided the information;
- To provide third parties with statistical information about the users of the Site;
- To monitor and conduct an analysis of the Site traffic and usage patterns;
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order or governmental regulations; and
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about the Site users is among the assets transferred.
Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your information to any affiliated business entities or third parties necessary to provide products and/or services to you. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any), as well as third parties involved in the administration and operation of our products and/or services. We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties, such as:
- Where we sell or share any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party, whether through bankruptcy proceedings or other sale or merger;
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information, including, but not limited to, pursuant to a valid subpoena, order, search warrant or other law enforcement request; or
- When we are contractually obligated to disclose it.
Where we disclose information for a purpose set forth herein, we enter a contract with the third party that describes the purpose and requires the third-party recipient to both keep that information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We do not sell your personal information or share your personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising, to or with third parties.
To secure your information, we have put in place commercially suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on the Site.
Nonetheless, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically on the Site, and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Third Party Websites
By accessing third party websites through the Site, you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Users Only of Legal Age of Majority
The Site is designed and intended for those who have reached the age of majority (18 years of age). By using the Site, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age or older. We are not liable for any damages that may result from a user’s misrepresentation of age.
GrowGeneration does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen. No one under age thirteen is authorized to submit or post any information, including personal information, on the Site. Under no circumstances may anyone under age thirteen use the Site. Parents or legal guardians of children under 13 cannot agree to these terms on their behalf.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, you have the following rights under the California Privacy Rights Act/the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CPRA/CCPA”):
- To know what categories of personal information about you we have collected and used, including how the personal information was collected;
- To know what categories of personal information are being sold or disclosed, and if it is being sold or disclosed to third parties and a list of categories of information that are sold, or, if applicable to know that your personal information has not been sold;
- To opt out of the sale and/or sharing of your personal information;
- To access your personal information, including the right to download or transfer personal information collected during the previous 12 months;
- To request that your personal information be corrected;
- To request that we limit our use of your sensitive personal information;
- To request that your personal information be deleted;
- To request that we not use your personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising; and
- To equal service and equal price for goods or services even if you exercise your rights under the CPRA/CCPA.
If you are a California resident and you want to exercise any of your rights as set forth above, please contact us at (877) 978-1119 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For all requests, it is helpful to put the statement “California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, describe the nature of your request, and provide your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In your request, you need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response.
We will not discriminate or retaliate against you for exercising any of your CPRA/CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CPRA/CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Our Contact Information
Effective Date: April 13, 2023